Kale Arame Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup arame (dried seaweed), loose-packed
- 1 bunch of kale (I like dinosaur or lacinato, but any variety works)
- 1 avocado
- dressing (recipe below)
- handful sesame seeds
First soak arame in tepid water for about 20 mins.
Drain arame and add some salad dressing to cover/marinate.
Wash kale and cut into big pieces, steam until just tender, and let cool in a large salad bowl
Make salad dressing in blender or chop garlic, chives and herbs separately and mix by hand.
Cut avocados into slices (leave pit in the bowl if you are doing ahead of serving).
Toss the dressing/arame and kale all together in the bowl until well-coated.
Serve with more sesame seeds sprinkled on top.
Sesame Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 T Tamari
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup chives or green onions (optional)
- sea salt/black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds (use half of these in dressing itself, and save the rest for tossing on top)