Ginger Carrot Soup
Light and warming soup, very soothing for indigestion and chest colds.
3 tablespoons of coconut butter
Small pinch of salt
1 pound carrots, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 stalk of celery, chopped
1 teaspoon ginger, grated (what would a carrot ginger soup recipe be without it!)
5 cups chicken broth or stock; or use vegetable stock for vegetarian version.
Zest of half a lime
Juice of one lime
1. Heat oil in soup pot on medium low.
2. Add onions, carrots, celery and salt. Saute until onions and carrot are soft.
3. Add ginger. Cook for a minute or two more. (If ginger is chopped instead of grated, add it earlier).
4. Add broth, cook for 5 to ten minutes at a low boil.
5. Use blender, food processor or hand-held immersion blender to puree the soup.
6. Add lime zest and juice. Chill and serve.